"ad astra per alia porci"


Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm Back, Biatch.

Dear Santa,

With only 20 days until the infamous eve of crawling mice, cookies, pine needles, and all things jelly related I felt it appropriate to list my "I Wanna I Wanna I Want" List.

1) In a valiant effort to improve the education of nearly two billion children in developing countries, the One Laptop Per Child program is seeking to expedite this process by providing the necessary tool: the laptop. While the initial plan was to cost the "learning learning" computers at $100 USD, that price cannot be reached until the volume of orders reaches x number driving the manufacturing costs down. So OLPC has launched the Give One Get One program where when you order a laptop for a child overseas you also receive one too! Think of it as buy one get one free.That's actually pretty much all I want for Christmas....yeah, call me an angel, call me a saint, but I just like to be called a normal human being. Everyone is a hero at some point in their life, I just happen to be one every day of mine. No biggie. Ha!

Update: my computer is still brokedeezy and I can't seem to figure out my mom's mac. Here my complaints re: the computer...
  • Everything is round, there are no edges! I want some effin corners in my windows!!!
  • There is no right click button so how do you save pictures? The left click button is so unusually large that I don't think its a bad thing to suggest to ol' Stevo to just split that right down the middle.
  • I can't figure out how to open two windows or the same thing. The same window just keeps popping up.
  • MacBook is racist. Yeah. So there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so peanuts, you dropping by the t dot in dec or wha gwan ?

Anonymous said...

You know those Laptops for Child laptops have waterproof keyboards... you should get one for yourself