"ad astra per alia porci"


Sunday, August 5, 2007

Q: What are you doing today?

A: Oh, running around the world.

Water Watch (National Geographic)
The Blue Planet Run






This is only slightly amazing and completely ridiculous. What I like about it though is that Al Gore is fat, makes a movie and becomes a hero, but these people? They like to run (a lot), they're just like you and me (except for that running 'round the world bit), and when this feat is all over its back to work.

How is the world covered in 70-75% water yet at least 1/6th of the world's population is unable to have access to safe drinking water? I have no clue.

Tonight I think I'll turn the tap off when I brush my teeth...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

water water everywhere

Anonymous said...

The world is 80% water. The other 60% is wheat. Think about it. No, YOU THINK ABOUT IT!